3.15.2007

I [heart] John Galliano!

*GASP!* was my reaction when I was flipping through InStyle and I stumbled across a page featuring the new international line of 12(!) new saddle bags from Dior, designed by that talented, talented man, John Galliano.

China:I absolutely love LOVE lOvE LoVe LOOOOOVE this bag. The gold decoration is amazing and the dragons are so detailed. I'm obsessed with it. I also think the dragon as part of the "D" is a really novel idea. Moral of the story: I want this.

Argentina:

This bag is cute. I like the boho look. I honestly don't love or hate it. I'm tepid on this one.

Japan:
This one is also, amazing. I absolutely love it. Of course, my culture may make me a biased towards this one buuutttttt whatever. The kimono fabric is totally gorgeous and I love the color combination of the red and the black with the pastels in the kimono band. The red tassels are also a really nice touch. Yay! Represent Japan!

India:

This is kind of over the top but I think with the right thing it would be a really cool piece. I love the chain coming from the "D", intended to represent that chain that Indian women wear from their nose piercing to their ear piercing. I think this is definitely India. I like it a lot.

France:

I don't really like the pearl handle because it reminds me of those really ugly headbands you get in five packs at the dollar store, but I REALLY like the toile. The painting on the "D" and the "CD"s is interesting. I'm not really sure how I feel about it.

England:

I don't really see how this represents England, but it's a nice bag. Not my fave or anything, but cute.

Egypt:

OoOoOoOoh. I really like the stripes on the "D" and "CD"s and the gilding is gorgeous. I feel like this might be REALLY heavy, though...

America:

I'm not gonna lie. This kind of makes me think of a purse that you'd get at Limited Too or Claire's or something... but I guess that is PART of America... meh. I don't really like it.

Russia:

It's quite... furry. I dunno... it's okay.

Spain:

I really like the toritoise shell accents. I really like the flowers... I just really like this bag.

Mexico:

It's definitely Mexican-looking. I love the turquoise but I'm not a huge fan of the horse blanket/poncho fabric. It's a little Chico's (shudder)

Morrocco:

I love the tusk/horn/tooth handle, and the blue and white is really nice together. I really like this one a lot.


sigh... J'adore Dior...

No comments: